This combined knowledge and competency based qualification is ideal for new team leaders who want to develop themselves as leaders and managers. It provides learners with the opportunity to learn and implement the core skills needed in today’s dynamic business environment. The qualification also forms part of the ILM Level 2 Apprenticeship in Team Leading.
Benefits for Individuals
- Take control of your personal development
- Communicate clearly and confidently
- Engage and support your team
- Build positive and productive relationships at work
- Get a nationally recognised qualification.
Benefits for Employers
- Team leaders with proven ability to perform
- Team leaders who are competent to manage people and relationships
- Better communication and collaboration in teams
- Team leaders with the ability to self-manage.
The units in this qualification focus on the essential skills learners need to develop as team leaders. There are five mandatory units, looking at
- The principles of team leading and management
- Workplace communication
- Understanding business and personal development
Plus there is a wide selection of optional units to build management skills in a variety of areas such as customer service, health and safety and performance management.
This qualification will provide progression opportunities to other qualifications such as:
- ILM Level 3 Diploma in Management